Technical Sales Rep – Dairy, Process Applications
Established in 1994, Synder is 100% family-owned and operated, with 150 employees and two wholly-owned global manufacturing facilities. We pride ourselves on doing things “the right way”, emphasizing long term employee and customer success over short term gains. Synder’s dynamic R&D capabilities and consistently fast lead times allow us to deliver the best possible customer experience in the dairy, food & beverage, biotech/pharmaceutical, and automotive industries.
The company has averaged double digit revenue growth over the past 10 years and is currently expanding multiple teams and infrastructure.
Technical Sales Rep – Dairy, Process Applications
This position is responsible for supporting technical sales activities for all membrane products used in dairy applications in North America. Reporting to the VP of Operations/Technical Sales Manager, this role must be strong in dairy processing technologies and operations, application development, troubleshooting, and data analysis. Support for this position will be provided by manufacturing and operations, technology & process development, outside sales, and inside sales support teams.
The position is based in Synder’s headquarters in Vacaville, California.
- Responds to, investigates, and resolves technical inquiries from dairy and food & beverage customers.
- Is the main point of contact for a select group of dairy customers within North America, and provides sales as well as technical support.
- Develop and maintain relationships with OEM’s, end users, and industry partners (chemical companies, academia) in order to identify opportunities for business development, product development, and customer satisfaction.
- Support membrane process optimization and application development, by working with customers, outside sales reps, R&D and operations at HQ.
- Oversee field trials of new products and coordinate between R&D, OEM’s, end users, and cleaning chemical providers to generate case studies and prove the value of Synder’s products to customers’ bottom line.
- Resolve conflicts that may arise from customer complaint/RGA cases in a timely, competent and professional manner. This role should be able to work as a bridge between the customer and the company to resolve any product related issues.
- Develop quarterly plans to meet and exceed sales targets and communicate progress to supervisor on a weekly basis, or more often as needed.
- Input all sales activities via Salesforce.com, schedule tasks, understand and report opportunity pipeline, and update travel calendar.
- Communicate customer expectations with Production, Engineering, and Admin staff to ensure that orders are processed, manufactured, and delivered to the highest level of satisfaction.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong understanding of and ability to troubleshoot dairy processing equipment
- 2+ years experience in dairy plant operations, R&D, technical support and/or a BS degree in dairy science/food processing
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time (as needed) within the US and Canada, with 3-5 overnights per week when on the road.
- Commensurate on experience including partial sales commission of well-established territory
Eligible on the first of the month, following a 30 day probationary period:
- Medical insurance coverage: Company pays 80% for employee and dependent; Employee pays 20% for employee and dependent(s).
- Dental insurance coverage: Employee pays: $10 emp only; $20 emp & spouse; $25 emp & child(ren); $50 emp & family. (Monthly)
- Vacation Accrual: Accrual begins of up to two (2) weeks paid vacation per year, calculated by hours worked and based on a 40-hr work week.
- Paid Holidays: 8-10 paid holidays per year.
- Winter Shutdown: Mandatory vacation from Christmas to New Years. This usually includes three (3) paid vacation days and four (4) paid holidays over a 10-12 day period starting just prior to Christmas Eve through New Years Day. Actual number of paid vacation and holiday days may vary from year to year.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Up to 4% company match: Non-vesting. (Monthly)
- Lap top and smart phone
- Vacaville, CA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to be drive extensively, and work in food & beverage factories.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office, telephone and paperwork; exposure to plant, warehouse required.
Synder Filtration is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, please visit: www.synderfiltration.com.
Resumes can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.