Over time, the founders became frustrated with the inconsistent product quality and lack of support from their existing membrane supplier. After a search for suitable alternatives ended in futility, the founders saw an opportunity to fill a void in process separations. As a result, Synder Filtration was established in 1994, a US wholly-owned membrane manufacturer in the San Francisco Bay Area. The founders had a vision to provide customers with the outstanding membranes, specialized process knowledge, flexibility, and service demanded by the founders themselves.
Thousands of customers and projects later, Synder Filtration is still guided by this philosophy, and still independent. Despite expansion into many new industries throughout the world, Synder has not lost sight of its roots in quality, flexibility, and service.
- 1989: Synder Inc. is founded with a focus on industrial biotechnology.
- 1994: Synder Inc. is renamed Synder Filtration with headquarters in Vacaville, CA. Synder specializes in UF and MF spiral-wound membrane products and equipment.
- 2004: Synder Filtration Shanghai Technology Co. Ltd. (SSFT) is established as a wholly-owned company in Shanghai, China. SSFT serves as Synder’s sales and distribution center for Asia.
- 2004: Synder more than doubles manufacturing capacity, purchases and moves into a 66,000 sq. ft manufacturing facility in Vacaville, California. This facility is the current global headquarters.
- 2007: Synder Jiangyan Manufacturing Technology Co. Ltd. (SJMT) is established as a U.S. wholly-owned company in Jiangyan, China.
- 2009: Synder launches Nanofiltration membranes to expand product offerings in specialty process applications.
- 2011: Membrane casting and rolling capacities are doubled at Vacaville, California Manufacturing Center to meet growing customer leads with short lead times.
- 2012: Synder sets new sales record with 23% growth and purchases adjacent 53,000 sq. ft building for expansion of R&D, engineering, system fabrication, and administrative offices.