Established in 1994, Synder Filtration is a locally-owned and fully independent manufacturing company, focused on developing and producing cutting edge membrane filters for a growing range of liquid process applications, including industrial water and wastewater recovery, food & dairy processing, automotive coatings, and biotechnology.
The company is now seeking a qualified candidate in Production Management. This position would report directly to the VP of Operations and handle all aspects of production in Vacaville HQ, including implementation of advanced automation projects. The selected candidate will be responsible to handle the following duties:
- Monitoring the production run to make sure it stays on schedule and corrects any problems that may arise both internally and externally.
- Make schedules and process production orders. Make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments while considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Actively participate in implementing production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control maintenance, and other operational performance indicators to detect problems and trends.
- Setting and monitoring product standards, examining samples of raw materials or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality established by the company and the customers.
- Maintaining relationships with key vendors and actively negotiating pricing to keep the cost controlled.
- To coordinate with, supervise and review the production team to improve quality and total production output.
- Maintain the day-to-day ERP Production functions by keeping all required records such as BoM, Part Numbers, Work Processes, Run Sheet Log. . .etc accurate and up to date.
- Lead or participate in various continuous process improvement projects such as automation, new equipment installation, as well as risk identification and resolution.
- Support Sales, Engineering, and administration staffs as needed.
- Coordinate with International Synder manufacturing facilities as needed.
- BS in physical sciences such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics or Engineering.
- 2-5 years of industrial manufacturing or laboratory experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of quality control functions and implementation. preferred. Knowledge of ISO9001:2015 management system is a plus.
- Advanced spreadsheet and analytical skills, database knowledge/development and general computer literacy.
- Strong communication skills — this role will be a key point of contact with internal resources and external vendors/customers.
- Experience in development, documenting and implementation of quality control procedure and policy.
- Can do attitude, willingness to work on production floor and effectively do what it takes to ensure quality of products, services and operations in general to satisfy a wide variety of customers.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Mandarin preferred but not required.
Qualified applications should send resume to email@example.com.
Synder Filtration is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: $55-65K DOE plus benefits and profit sharing & Annual Bonus based on performance
- Health & Dental Insurance Coverage (after 3 months probation)
- Paid vacation 2 weeks per year (after 3 months probation)
- Available 401(k) savings plan (after 12 months)
- Mandatory Winter Shutdown period avg. 10-11 days/year
Start date: ASAP
Location: Vacaville, CA, USA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to be mobile to all areas of the plant, warehouse and Tech center. The ability to access all areas of a piece of equipment while performing control panel/instrumentation work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office, telephone and paperwork; exposure to plant, warehouse and Tech center required. Some job related exposure to lubricants, heat, cold, dirt and oils, metal working noise.