Dairy Sales Manager
Established in 1994, Synder is 100% family-owned and operated, with 150 employees and two wholly-owned global manufacturing facilities. We pride ourselves on doing things “the right way”, emphasizing long term employee and customer success over short term gains. Synder’s dynamic R&D capabilities and consistently fast lead times allow us to deliver the best possible customer experience in the dairy, food & beverage, biotech/pharmaceutical, and automotive industries.
The company has averaged double digit revenue growth over the past 10 years and is currently expanding multiple teams and infrastructure.
Dairy Sales Manager
This position is responsible for driving revenue growth for all membrane products used in dairy applications in North America. Reporting to the President, this role must be strong in building customer relationships, application development, and dairy plant operations in general. Support for this position will be provided by manufacturing and operations, technology & process development, technical sales support, and marketing & inside sales support teams.
The position is home-based and can be based anywhere in the US. This role will inherit a well-established sales territory in North America.
- Be the representative for the customer’s interests, while also representing the company in a professional, competent, and friendly manner.
- Drive revenue growth and new account acquisition by delivering “best in class” service, support and responsiveness to OEM and end user customers alike.
- Communicate customer expectations with Production, Engineering, and Admin staff to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Support application development needs; be the communication link between customers, R&D and manufacturing.
- Oversee field trials of new products and coordinate with all stakeholders to achieve the project goals.
- Research and plan travel itineraries, maximizing Synder’s presence in the market while maintaining an effective sales to expense ratio.
- Enter and track activities, tasks, opportunities, and account information via Salesforce.com.
- Create annual forecasts and prepare quarterly progress reports, identifying successes as well as areas for possible improvement.
- Identify and communicate business development opportunities to the senior management team.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- 3+ years experience in outside sales
- Ability to travel 50-60% of the time within the US and Canada, with 3-5 overnights per week when on the road.
- Existing network of contacts in N.A. dairy processing a plus.
- Experience operating or serving membrane plants a plus.
- Commensurate on experience including sales commission of well-established territory
Eligible on the first of the month, following a 30 day probationary period:
- Medical insurance coverage: Company pays 80% for employee and dependent; Employee pays 20% for employee and dependent(s).
- Dental insurance coverage: Employee pays: $10 emp only; $20 emp & spouse; $25 emp & child(ren); $50 emp & family. (Monthly)
- Vacation Accrual: Accrual begins of up to two (2) weeks paid vacation per year, calculated by hours worked and based on a 40-hr work week.
- Paid Holidays: 8-10 paid holidays per year.
- Winter Shutdown: Mandatory vacation from Christmas to New Years. This usually includes three (3) paid vacation days and four (4) paid holidays over a 10-12 day period starting just prior to Christmas Eve through New Years Day. Actual number of paid vacation and holiday days may vary from year to year.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: Up to 4% company match: Non-vesting. (Monthly)
- Company Car (depending on base location)
- Lap top, home printer, and smart phone
- Anywhere in the US; Based from home
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ability to be drive extensively, and work in food & beverage factories.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office, telephone and paperwork; exposure to plant, warehouse required.
Synder Filtration is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, please visit: www.synderfiltration.com.
Resumes can be submitted to: email@example.com.